The law protects the relationship between a client and a psychotherapist, and information cannot be disclosed without written permission.
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse, for which we are required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, we must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself, we will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in insuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, we will take further measures without their permission that are provided to us by law in order to ensure their safety.
- Therapists are required by law to report incidences of sexual misconduct on the part of other therapists.
- Additionally, therapists and educators at The Healing Group may consult with a their supervisors for the purpose of providing the best possible service.
- The Healing Group uses an electronic record keeping system that uses state of the art security.
- We abide by HIPAA practice standards.
The Healing Group is committed to protecting your privacy. None of your information will be distributed to anybody outside of the THG, with the exception of circumstances listed in the client confidentiality section above.
Communicating Over the Internet
There are limits to protecting your confidentiality over the internet. While we do our utmost to preserve your confidentiality, we cannot provide a solid guarantee. Please consider the information you submit over the internet prior to sending.
In case of an emergency, use the telephone—and call either 801-461-9060 or 911.
We strongly discourage using email to send messages of a personal or confidential nature. Email is not secure, and can be read in transit by people other than the recipient. Sending email is like sending a letter in an unsealed envelope; most information you send is probably safe, but an unscrupulous person could read your message, change it, or even impersonate you. Email is copied, archived, and retransmitted continuously as part of normal processing. Because of this, please use email only to request information about our services, or other non-confidential matters.
There are several ways you can communicate with us without having to send information over the Internet:
- in person
- by phone
- by fax
- by mail
See contact information for the The Healing Group for details.
What Information Does This Site Gather
This site generally stores no information about its visitors, with the exceptions of basic logging for site statistics (and then only machine addresses, not personal email addresses), and information provided by visitors who fill out on-line applications, surveys, or requests.
On certain pages, we give visitors the option of providing us with names, addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses, personal information, and various other kinds of details. This more personal information is not gathered without visitors knowing and providing active permission and participation.
This site does not monitor private communications or make any use of such communications.
This site does not display or make available visitors’ personal information, such as contact information, even if it is already publicly available, to any person except the user himself or herself, except at the request of the user.
This site does not retrieve personal information from the visitor’s computer that was not originally sent to us or by us.
Opt Out Policy
In the future, the The Healing Group may maintain email discussion groups or mailing lists, or notify people who have voluntarily supplied their email addresses of new services, upcoming events, or other updates. If you receive such a message, and you would like to opt out of being notified in this way by the Student Counseling Service, please email [email protected] Or email us and let us know.
The information you share with web sites is only as safe as your web browser. Use the Browser Check, courtesy of VeriSign, to ensure you’ve got the latest, most secure Web browser.
Request a therapy appointment online here.
Questions? Please contact us for further information.