Kristin Hodson, LCSW, CST
Kristin Hodson is Founder and Executive Director of The Healing Group and co-author of the newly published book Real Intimacy: A Couples Guide for Genuine. Healthy Sexuality. She contributed to Sheknows.com. Women’s Day Magazine. The Deseret News, has been a regular contributor on the Radio From Hell show on X-96 taking live calls on sex and intimacy.has appeared on KSL’s Studio 5 and has been a monthly guest on KUTV 2 morning news.
She Practices as psychotherapist with a passion helping women find their authentic self by working through areas where they feel stuck. She believes in empowering women to own and take charge of their growth and healing. She does this by working besides them in a collaborative and professional way offering reflective insight, experience and expertise.Clients often say they feel supported and safe to express and explore thoughts, emotions and vulnerabilities – bringing about new understanding. fulfilling changes and personal joy. She is a mother and wife and lives life passionately out loud.
- Graduate of the University of Utah, Masters of Social Work: Clinical and Medical Emphasis
- Graduate of BYU-Hawaii,Bachelor of Social Work: International Emphasis
- Graduate of Salt Lake Community College, Associates of Psychology
- Postpartum Support International State Co-Chair
- Certificate of Pregnancy and Postpartum Mood Disorder Training led by Karen Kleiman
- Crisis Worker at the University of Utah and University Neuropsychiatric Institute
- Crisis Pregnancy Counseling Training
- Prior Volunteer for a Choice to Live With
- Prior Volunteer/Advocate for Rape Recovery
- Postpartum Support International
- Resolve Infertility Association
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Association of Mormon Counselors and PsychotherapIsts
Kristin offers presentations to groups, couples and organizations on a variety of sexual health topics. She also offers presentations and training to medical professionals and psychotherapists on topic of identifying and treating pregnancy and postpartum mood disorders. Additionally she presents to women’s groups around the greater Salt Lake Valley helping them to find balance and joy in their everyday living. Contact Kristin if you are interested in having her speak to your group or would like to set-up a professional training.